Every October we focus on breast cancer awareness. From runs to fairs, resources are available to bring you the latest in breast cancer treatments and advances. Breast cancer is the most common cancer among American women.
We want to remind you of these prevention tips:
- Schedule your mammogram today. Early detection is extremely important.
- Perform monthly breast examine.
- Breast pain is not necessarily a sign of breast cancer. The best way to peace of mind is to see your doctor. Don’t wait.
Symptoms of breast cancer include:
- Any change in the size or shape of the breast
- Pain in any area of the breast
- Nipple discharge other than breast milk (including blood)
- A new lump in the breast or underarm
Changing risk factors. Here are some ways to mitigate your risk:
- Be physically active
- Keeping a healthy weight
- Be careful taking hormones
- Know if breast cancer is in your family
- Limit alcohol intake