With the weather changing and heavy rains upon, flooding is a certainty. Here are the ten top facts every consumer should know about the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Everyone lives in a flood zone.
- Flood damage is not covered by homeowners policies.
- You can buy flood insurance no matter your flood risk.
- The low-cost Preferred Risk Policy is ideal for homes and businesses in low-to-moderate risk areas.
- Flood Insurance is affordable.
- Flood Insurance is easy to get.
- Contents coverage is separate, so renters can also insure their belongings.
- Up to a total of $1 million in flood insurance coverage is available for non-residential buildings and contents.
- There is usually a 30-day waiting period before coverage goes into effect.
- Federal disaster assistance is not the answer.
Give us a call to find out what your flood risk is and then let us quote a flood insurance policy to cover your home or business.