We are in the midst of the hurricane season which generates tropical storms throughout the United States. 2019 is predicted to produce 16 name storms and reach tropical-storm strength or greater, with eight hurricanes with at least one potentially hitting land-fall.
Knowing how to prepare before the storm and understanding your properties’ vulnerabilities will help you get ready for the season.
- Know if you are in a flood zone?
- If you are in an evacuation area, know where to go when a storm hits.
- Put together an emergency kit.
- Have/Review a Family Emergency Plan so family members know who to contact and where to go.
- Have an emergency supplies kit contents in a safe place so you can access quickly in the event of a storm.
- Review with us your insurance and flood policy to make sure you are adequately covered.
Take the time to review and prepare for this season’s coming storms.
Source: Danielle Ling