If you are working from home, here are six tips to help you do so securely.
- Create a safe space – make sure that people cannot view your computers for sensitive information. Always use password protection or biometrically secured devises.
- Establish barriers between work and home devises – whenever possible use distinct devises to conduct work. The perfect solution is utilizing work devices to conduct work activities.
- Use a secure VPN and virtualization – this provides solid encryption. Remote logins should be multifactor authentications. Also make sure that your Wi-Fi networks are secure, and router access is password protected.
- Reinforce security policies – Make sure that all employees are familiar with company security practices. Conduct refresher training frequently and if using video conferencing that proper protocols are in place.
- Consider software updates – Insure that you know how to remote access to install and maintain security updates.
- Put a backup plan in place – Establish secure cloud backups for all work conducted by home workers. As part of your IT procedures, put a regular, secure backup process in place.
Follow these tips to keep you and your business secure while workers are working from home.
Source: Property/Casualty 360