- Park near a light.
- Hide your treasures in the trunk.
- Use the buddy system.
- Keep your purse on your body or your wallet in your front pocket.
- Shop with a single credit card.
- Avoid ATMs.
- Take precautions in the parking lot.
Shopping Online: Or, if you prefer to shop online:
- Shop on secure sites. Before you make any purchases, be sure the website has a closed padlock in the browser bar or a URL beginning with “https.”
- Use one credit card for all online purchases. Then, if a card is compromised, you have only have to make one cancellation call.
- Shop familiar brands and steer clear of “too good to be true” deals. Scammers are out in full force during the holiday shopping period.
Follow these tips for a safe Black Friday buying experience.
Source: Frankenmuth Insurance