Spring is here and what better time to tackle the job of checking your car for any winter weather damage.
Here’s a few tips to help you make your car look like new and running in tip-top shape:
- Remove all dirt and grim both interior and exterior. It’s recommended you clean your car once a month.
- Change the oil & filter – oil/filter should be changed every 5,000 to 7,500 miles.
- Check your tire pressure and rotate your tires. Rotate every 7,500 miles to get the most ware out of your tires.
- Check the brakes. Have them tested every 25,000 miles to ensure safety on the road.
- Check your headlights and replace bulks that don’t function.
- Change the air filters – it will change the short-term and long-term performance of your car.
- Maintain your radiator – check for leaks and add coolant if necessary to run efficiently.
Performing these tasks on your vehicle will help you have a summer without mechanical worries.
Source: Property Casualty 360