No matter what your business, cyber-attacks are an increasingly common occurrence. They not only affect the Internet, but also attack your core business systems. In addition to your cyber liability coverage, you need to implement risk management support.
What are the components of a risk management solution?
- Clear identification of risks and vulnerabilities
- Evaluation of customer and corporate data security
- Advanced email security
- Point to Point Encryption
- Malicious Intent Site Blocking
- Employee Policies & Procedures
- Adherence to ISO 270001/2 which includes hardware and software implementations that have change management oversight along with non-production testing and evaluation.
A recent article by Phil Britt on eSecurity Planet provides a great outline analyzing what is cyber security risk management along with the risk management process to apply to your business.
There is also an in-depth report you can download called “The Ultimate Guide to IT Security Vendors” which can assist you in learning about the potential threats to your business and what vendors specialize in cyber prevention.
A program that has strong risk mitigation precautions, coupled with extensive employee training, the proper software, and incident response protocol will help to protect your business. Cyber-crimes are not going away and businesses need to be vigilant in its prevention.
Give us a call to discuss your cyber insurance and risk protection program.
Source: eSecurity Planet