The non-profit, World Against Toys Causing Harm, has released its 2017 list of the ten most hazardous toys. W.A.T.C.H. says consumers buying toys on the Internet are already at a disadvantage, as they are unable to touch and physically inspect a toy and its packaging at the time of sale for more obvious hazards. In some cases, limited product information on e-commerce sites can lead to misinformed, and potentially dangerous, consumer toy purchases.
Here’s their list:
- Briana Babydoll - potential hazard - choking
- Jetts Heel Wheels - potential hazard - blunt impact and fire-related burn injuries
- Oval Xylophone - potential hazard - ingestion and choking
- Slackers Slackline Classic Series Kit - potential hazard - strangulation and fall-related injuries
- NERF Zombie Strike Deadbolt Crossbow - potential hazard - eye injuries
- Spider-man Spider-drone Official Movie Addition - potential hazard - eye and body impact injuries
- Hand Fidgetz Spinners - potential hazard - choking injuries
- Wonder Woman Battle-Action Sword - potential hazard - blunt force injuries
- Pull Along Pony - potential hazard - cord measuring 19 inches rather than 12 inches which is the industry standard - no warning listed
- Hallmark’s “Itty Bittys” Baby Stacking Toy - potential hazard - choking injuries
Be careful when ordering toys online and carefully read the manufacturers warnings.
Source: Property Casualty 360